Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sourdough Day 4

Well, it's day four and I've discovered mould in one of my new sourdough starters, so I've thrown it out and started again. On the up side of that small disappointment is that the mouldy one was the less active of the two (because of the mould, I wonder??), and the healthier and more active of the two is now feeding happily (as far as I can tell) on a mixture of besan, potato and tapioca flours - this is my standard all purpose flour mix and one that I've found to have the best qualities for baking. It keeps it's form well and isn't crumbly when cooked - a common failure that I've experienced with the commercial all purpose flour mixes I've used previously. Stay tuned for more sourdough starter updates.

In the mean time: On my 'To Do' list for the revamp of this site (Coming SOON) are
  1. A list of articles I've written on good nutrition and cleaning up your diet by cleaning out your pantry
  2. Information on Food Allergies and Intolerances
  3. Resources (online and physical) for Nutrition and Dietary Advice and services
  4. Recipes! (We'd love you to rate them, and add your own if you'd like)
  5. Cooking and Nutrition Tips
  6. Feedback pages - Tell us what you want to hear about and we'll find out for you!
Cheers!

PS. Food Allergy Clearing Session number 2 for me is on Thursday! Not sure what will get cleared, but the last balance for Salicylates seems to have held very well and I'm excited to see what else is possible. I'm lucky in that none of my allergies are anaphylactic, and I'm looking forward to being free of the allergic symptoms I do get. The intolerances I have will no doubt still exist, but at least I won't get wiped out by nearly everything I eat. LOVING that concept! : )