Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sourdough Starters and cook ups

Sourdough Day 6... the initial starter is less active on the diet of gluten free flours - reasonably interesting...but perhaps more interesting is that when I replaced the starter that had to be terminated, I decided to start it with some organic Amaranth flour, and on the second day of it's life it is positively bouncing along...

Tomorrow I'm having a cook-up with Kath's sister, Mia, firstly because Kathy has relocated to the beautiful Sunshine Coast and it's not so easy to do with her at the moment, and secondly it's time to get come creativity flowing - it should be a good afternoon and evening and we'll let you know what comes of it.

I had my second Allergy clearing today and the "check" testing demonstrated what I was pretty sure was going on in that the salycilate balance has held beautifully. It is so exciting to realise that I'm soon going to be able to open up my food options... woo hoooo!